This site is about GroundBot which was a robotic mobile platform that could host cameras and sensors. The GroundBot was developed by the Swedish company Rotundus AB in 2004.
What is GroundBot?
- GroundBot is a robotic mobile platform that hosts cameras and sensors.
- This robust, lightweight, sealed sphere boasts impressive off-road performance. It also moves virtually silently.
- GroundBot can be remote controlled by hand or programmed to navigate by GPS.
- Augmented Reality User Interface is highly intuitive, boosting operator alertness and ensures full control.
What are the advantages?
- Weighing just 25 kg, GroundBot won’t get stuck in sand, mud or snow.
- All cameras/sensors and mechanics are protected inside the sealed sphere.
- GroundBot is efficient and can run up to 10 km/h (6 mph) – without making a sound.
- GroundBot can operate for 8-16 hours depending on mission profile
Where can GroundBot be used?
GroundBot helps increase security and cuts costs at places such as:
- Power plants
- Perimeter protection
- Border security